Welcome to First State Rehab At Home!
We are here to help you enjoy your life with minimal limitations. To make a convenient appointment at your home, simply call us today at 302-304-9729 or click “Make Appointment” at the top of the page.
Our practice is dedicated to helping our patients identify the cause of their pain and limitations by creating a custom treatment program that will allow them to return to normal activities pain-free.
Before Your First Visit at Home
- Fill out the Patient Forms to the best of your ability.
- Be ready at your appointed time! Your time is valuable and we want to make the most of it!
- Please have a photo ID available.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- Your first visit will have three components:
- The Interview
- The Assessment
- The Treatment
- During the interview, we will gather information that will complete the establishment of your medical record. We may gather many of the details through phone conversations and by you completing some online forms. Your therapist will confirm those details and obtain signatures and items we may have not been able to collect in advance.
- In the Assessment, your therapist will conduct physical tests and measurements to establish a baseline or starting point. They will discuss your goals and establish reasonable timelines and a plan of care to ensure you reach your goals. Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Also on the first visit, your therapist will begin to implement the plan of care. They may utilize manual techniques to relieve pain and instruct you in exercises and activities to advance you to the next visit. Since each person is unique, your treatment will be designed and implemented in a way that will give you optimal results in a timely manner!
You will schedule future visits with your therapist. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We strive to accommodate your routine.
Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or another medical professional you may choose.
If you have questions at any time, please do not hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery!